The World Policy Blog is the online counterpart of World Policy Journal — selected readings, expert analysis, and original opinions that complement the broader agenda of the quarterly magazine.
These short articles present points of view that transcend the traditional foreign-versus-domestic policy divide, reflecting the global perspective required for politics, business, and policy today. The WP Blog publishes a range of voices from around the world, chosen for the quality of their ideas and analysis, as well as their ability to chronicle the societies where they live. The blog's audience includes senior policymakers, opinion leaders, members of the media, scholars, and military officials.
World Policy Journal welcomes op-ed submissions of 600 to 1000 words for the online blog. These pieces must reflect disruptive thinking on both mainstream and underreported global policy issues. Visit our site for recent examples.
Given the amount of submissions we receive, all submissions must be tightly worded and clearly defined. Please copy and paste the form below into your submission email. Our editorial staff will primarily look at this form when reviewing.
Unfortunately, World Policy Journal is not able to provide authors for our online publication with compensation at this time. World Policy Journal accepts only original, never-before-published content.
Form for Submitting Article Ideas
1. Article Topic:
2. Argument (be specific):
3. Why is your argument important?
4. How is your argument unique/not recycled?
5. What do you recommend be done about the issue?
Submitting an Article
Once the idea is approved – please review this checklist.
• A gripping lead that grabs the reader’s attention.
• A clearly stated argument that is in the intro.
• Each paragraph has a specific purpose
• Minimal jargon (make it so that your average Joe could understand)
• Under 1000 words
• A conclusion that circles back to the opening & restates why this argument is important
Please send all inquiries to Laurel Jarombek, Managing Editor: email@example.com