World Policy Institute is a proud media partner of AGRION's:
Sustainability Reporting Half-Day Conference
When: Wednesday, April 11
9:30 AM to 2:00 PM
(Live-Streamed Panel Discussion – 10:00 AM to 1:30 PM)
Where: The Markle Foundation
10 Rockefeller Plaza, 16th Floor
New York, NY 10020
Panel 1 – Resource & Energy Use Reporting in Corporations
10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Corporate interest in sustainable operations has evolved to a triple bottom line focus that incorporates criteria beyond profit margins. Companies measures resource and energy consumption to assess successful sustainability performance and today’s roundtable investigates the process of responsibly communicating and reporting these results and the benefits of doing so.
Our panel will address the existing methodologies of data reporting for energy and resource use within corporations. In this discussion, corporate transparency will be addressed both from an environmental footprint point of view, as well as from a tangible business impact perspective. We will examine how, when, and why the adoption of sustainability reporting can influence brand image and ultimately their triple bottom line.
- Eric Roston – Sustainability Editor, (Moderator), Bloomberg Businessweek
- Henry (Hank) Boerner – Chairman and CEO, Governance & Accountability Institute, Inc.
- Erika Karp – Managing Director, Head of Global Sector Research, UBS
- Alka Banerjee – Vice President, Global Equity and strategy Indices, Standard & Poor's
- Serena Levy – Director, Corporate External Affairs, Coca-Cola
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Panel 2 – Data and Technology Challenges to Impact Investing
12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
This event will enable its attendees to develop a better understanding of how their roles in a corporation, asset management firm, research firm, or sustainability reporting organization fits within the context of the the impact investment market: what is their role in the responsible use of transparent data and effective ratings, and which technological tools, if any, are available to add value to the work they do. Our expert panel will take an investigative look into how data is treated in impact investing and what must be done in order to facilitate growth of this market with a focus on results-oriented data usage and technological innovation.
- Professor Bruce Usher – Co-Director of the Social Enterprise Program and Executive-in-Residence (Moderator), Columbia University Business School
- Melissa Epperly – Head of GS Sustain, Goldman Sachs
- Michael Van Patten – Chairman and CEO, Mission Markets
- Farha-Joyce Haboucha – Director of Socially Responsive Investments, Rockefeller & Co.
1:30 PM – 2:00 PM
For more information on the Conference agenda, panelists, partners and registration, visit AGRION's Sustainability Reporting Half-Day Conference.