As a Community Partner of the 2011 Womensphere Global Summit, World Policy Institute is pleased to offer a limited number of 20% discounted tickets to WPI members. If you register by August 30, you can also take advantage of the discounted Early Registration. Register using discount code WPI.
2011 Womensphere Global Summit
CREATING THE FUTURE:
LEADERSHIP. INNOVATION. VENTURES. ECONOMY. SUSTAINABILITY.
Friday, September 23
8 AM to 8 PM
New York, NY
On September 23 in New York City, the Womensphere Global Summit & Awards brings together global leaders, entrepreneurs, social innovators, and industry leaders across business, finance, technology, energy, environment, media, sciences, and public policy. The Summit agenda is on "Creating the Future," and will center on the themes of women’s leadership, innovation, ventures, economic growth, sustainability and social impact. A dinner with speakers and awards will take place on Thursday, September 22 before the one day conference.
The Global Summit will provide key points of access for women to take the lead in “Creating the Future,” including master classes with luminary women leaders, focused panel presentations, forums to explore best practices and success models, and opportunities for collaboration on key global issues. The Summit also offers rich networking opportunities among women leaders.
About the Speakers:
Speakers at the Summit are distinguished leaders, CEOs, and executives of innovative companies, institutions, organizations, new ventures, and social enterprises, from throughout the world.
INSPIRING AND POWERFUL GLOBAL LEADERS
We are honoring women leaders who have blazed trails and created extraordinary impact in their fields and industries, including:
- ANNA EWING – CIO and global chief technology architect, NASDAQ
- CHERIE BLAIR – Founder & Chairman, Cherie Blair Foundation for Women
- CHRIS GRUMM – Former CEO, Women's Funding Network; Co-Founder, Women Moving Millions
- DR. JILL TARTER – Bernard Oliver Chair for SETI Research (Search for Extraterrestial Intelligence)
- LINDA CURETON – CIO, NASA
- LYNN TILTON – CEO and Sole Principal, Patriarch Partners
- MARISSA MAYER – Vice President, Product Management, GOOGLE
- DR. MARSHA FIRESTONE – President & Founder, Women Presidents Organization (WPO)
CONNECT WITH OVER 50 WORLD-CHANGING LEADERS
Participants will connect and exchange insights and ideas with over 50 distinguished speakers at the Womensphere Global Summit, including:
- AMANDA MACKENZIE – Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, Aviva
- ANGELA LEANEY – Executive Vice President, Brand Marketing, Harlem Globetrotters
- ANGELA JIA KIM – CEO & Founder, Savor the Success
- ANU BRADFORD – Assistant Professor of Law, University of Chicago
- BARBARA BUSH – President & Co-Founder, Global Health Corps
- DR. BEVERLY DANIEL TATUM – President, Spelman College
- CARLA HARRIS – Managing Director, Morgan Stanley; Best-selling Author, Expect to Win
- FREADA KAPOR KLEIN – Partner, Kapor Capital; Founder, Level Playing Field Institute
- GAYLE TZEMACH LEMMON – Author, The Dressmaker of Khair Khana; Deputy Director, Council of Foreign Relations' Women and Foreign Policy Program
- JANET RICCIO – Executive Vice President, Omnicom; CEO, G23
- JOAN AMBLE – Executive Vice President, American Express
- KIM SAMUEL-JOHNSON – Director; Samuel Family Foundation, Global Agenda Council on Investing in Children
- KIMBERLY DAVIS – President, JPMorgan Foundation
- DR. LINDA BASCH – President, National Council for Research on Women (NCRW)
- LYNN TETRAULT – Executive Vice President, AstraZeneca
- MADELINE NELSON – Head of Artist Relations, SONY; Chairman, Mary J. Blige & Steve Stoute Foundation for the Advancement of Women Now (FFAWN)
- MANDY GINSBERG – President, Match.com North America
- MARIA RAMOS – CEO, ABSA Group; Former Director-General, National Treasury, South Africa
- MARTHA BEJAR – President, WIPRO Technologies
- MONICA MANDELLI – Managing Director and Co-Chair, Women's Network, Goldman Sachs
- PERRY YEATMAN – President, Kraft Foods Foundation
- SARAH COSTA – Executive Director, Women's Refugee Commission
- SHEILA LIRIO MARCELO – CEO, Care.com; Trustee, Philippine Development Foundation
- SUSAN TARDANICO – Executive in Residence, Center for Creative Leadership
- SUSAN WHITING – Vice Chair and Chief Diversity Officer, The Nielsen Company
- VALERIE GERMAIN – Managing Partner, Heidrick & Struggles
- VANESSA COLELLA – Head of North America Marketing, Citigroup
The Womensphere Global Summit will convene influential women leaders, innovators, entrepreneurs, and social innovators across industries, from leading companies, organizations, institutions, and new ventures.
Participation is primarily by invitation.
Invitations are extended primarily to:
- Chief Marketing Officers, Chief Diversity Officers, and C-suite executives
- CEOs and founders of entrepreneurial ventures and social enterprises
- Leaders of women's organizations and women's networks
- NGO leaders and public policy leaders
- Venture capitalists, private equity investors, and angel investors
- Innovators, scientists, and academic leaders
- Leading investment bankers, lawyers, and accountants
For more information on the Summit agenda, speakers, partners and registration, visit Womensphere Global Summit 2011.
Friday, September 23
8 AM to 8 PM
The one day conference will be preceded by a dinner with speakers and awards on Thursday, September 22.
New York, NY
Venue to be announced
View ticket information and register here. WPI members receive a 20% discount off registration by entering the discount code WPI. Register before August 30 to take advantage of an additional Early Registration discount.
About the Sponsors:
The World Policy Institute and World Policy Journal engage fresh ideas and new voices from around the world to address critical shared challenges. They provide a forum for solution-focused policy analysis and public debate toward an inclusive and sustainable global market economy, effective and fair governance, and collaborative approaches to security.
Womensphere is a global community of leaders, networks, organizations, and companies, aligned by a shared mission of empowering and connecting the world’s women to unleash potential, create opportunities, and inspire impact. Womensphere Summits and Media center around the themes of leadership, innovation, ventures, economics, sustainability, and women creating impact in all fields of endeavor. Womensphere convenes leaders to share and collaborate on innovations and solutions to some of the most important global and local issues of our time.