The world can be a scary place. New threats such as cyber warfare are joining nuclear proliferation, social unrest, and economic uncertainty in the competition for our time, energy, and sanity. Meanwhile, mainline think tanks are losing the public trust, many seen as far removed from the day-to-day realities of people's lives.
But the world is also a place of tremendous opportunity. And at a time when the old order seems to be unraveling, there is an opportunity for a new type of organization, one that looks ahead—bringing new insights, new actors, and new solutions into the policy discussion.
Through high-impact reporting, innovative and topical research, and the grooming of a new generation of policy actors, World Policy is forging a new age of progressive internationalism—one in which the best thinkers from around the world not only provide insights into the emerging threats we face, but connect with each other to build a bright, hopeful future on a policy foundation that truly reflects new global realities.
As part of the World Policy community, you value nuance and context. You believe that the ambition and innovation of new actors can breathe much needed life into the international system. You know that diversifying the conversation gives us the best chance to find solutions to critical global issues.
That’s why we’re asking you to join us as we launch the World Policy Membership program.
As a World Policy Member, you gain access to a global community of scholars, journalists, policymakers, and businesspeople who are working in their communities to change the world. You'll gain insights into new political trends and emerging threats, and learn about the new models of business and policy that are shaping our world.
Wherever you are in the world or in your career, there is a World Policy Membership level right for you. Please show your support and join today.
Young and Young at Heart: $100 per year
- One-year subscription to World Policy Journal;
- Subscription to [Jargon Redacted], an irreverent look at the day's most pressing issues through in-depth discussion, debate, special guests, and the occasional slightly heated argument (10 events/year);
- Invitations to World Policy Journal launch parties (quarterly).
Sponsor: $250 per year
- All of the benefits of "Young and Young at Heart";
- Priority registration to all free events, including the private October 10th panel discussion and cocktail reception, "Arms and Allies: Security and Cooperation in East Asia";
- Discounted registration to private talks, roundtables, and symposia, which in 2017-2018 will explore opportunities emerging from changing global dynamics. (Preliminary topics include: investment in African healthcare, disruptive technologies outside the west, risk and impact in a decentralized and complex world, China's entrepreneurs, and infrastructure in the Arctic.)
Benefactor: $500 per year
- All the benefits of a "Sponsor";
- Priority registration and discounted admission for you and a guest to private talks, roundtables, and symposia;
- Invitations to exclusive events and private briefings with high-level policy makers, experts, and officials.